You’ll ask contractors in your area, “How long will it take to complete my project” when considering a kitchen remodel. Several factors determine the completion date of any home improvement project, and no two projects are alike.
Understanding the scope of work will help the average homeowner to estimate the completion time more accurately.
How long does it take to remodel a kitchen?
Before you begin your renovation journey, there are a few questions that you should ask yourself.
- What type of kitchen do you want to remodel? What style of kitchen do you desire?
- Are you planning to keep the current layout of your kitchen, or will you change it? Consider countertops, prep spaces, storage, and more.
- What about electrical upgrades, new lighting, and appliances? What about new appliances, lighting, and electrical upgrades?
Our experts will guide you through the entire process when you book a free consultation with Kitchen Magic. We will help you choose suitable materials and color palettes. We can also guide you to all your options regarding updating your cabinets, countertops, backsplashes, flooring, and more.
Below we have provided two examples to give you an idea of how long it will take to finish your kitchen renovation.
Custom kitchen cabinetry
Custom cabinets can be completed in about ten working days, and a new countertop can be installed within a week after it’s been templated. The custom cabinets can be finished in 10 days, and the new countertops can be installed a week after they are templated. (We recommend scheduling your countertop templates after you have installed your new cabinets). Most backsplash tiles, flooring, and accessories can be installed in days.
Consider cabinet refacing if you like your kitchen layout but want a new look. Update your cabinet boxes and save time and money. You’ll also get new drawers and doors! Cabinet refacing can be completed within a week to ten days after installation. Refacing can be done in 3 to 5 working days for most kitchens.
We will schedule the installation of each material on successive days to reduce the time needed for your project. We can help you transform your kitchen quickly, without stress, and at a great price.
How can you simplify the process?
- Plan your meals in advance when your kitchen is temporarily out of service due to installation.
- Create a kitchen “outpost.” Set up a kitchen ‘outpost’ to store items you want on hand in a quiet room. Think about everyday things such as your coffee maker and microwave. If the weather allows, prepare a grill so you can cook outside.
- Plan for easy access to the refrigerator or freezer.
- Disposable plates and utensils can save you time when cleaning.
- Prepare some of your favorite dishes ahead of time. They will freeze and can be microwaved.
- Take a look at the menus of nearby restaurants and food delivery services.
- Keep in touch with your team to ask any critical questions.
- Keep pets and children away from construction sites.
- Inform your family and friends about any potential limitations in your availability.
- Use your humor and remain flexible.
Keep in mind, however, that delays are possible during any renovation. These tips will help you estimate a realistic timeframe to complete a perfect kitchen renovation for your lifestyle and you.